- 14-year-old Fitchburg girl accused of trying to kill foster sister
- Anishinabek Nation to Develop Own Child Welfare Law
- NRA Backs Law Against Adoption Agencies’ Gun Questions
- National False Claims Database
- Child protection boss leaves her post
- Foster-“Guinea Pigs”: A System of Perpetrators, Not “Protectors”
- Commentary: The Medicated Child and the Compliant Parent
- Utah Foster Mother, Jennifer Ann Montag, Charged With Raping 14-Year-Old Foster Son
- Story of 2 boys spotlights foster care’s successes, failures
- Legally Kidnapped has been featured.
- No malice in case against foster parents, court rules
- CFS officials paid themselves first, audit finds
- Campaign aims to increase number of adoptions in Kansas
- Overspending confirmed at Cree CFS agency
- Found US baby’s mother is charged
- Money for child welfare misappropriated
- System Sucks, I mean, Child Advocates Push for CAPTA Reauthorization
- Jail for woman who killed unborn twins to avoid social services
- State revokes facility’s license
- Former Roanoke Social Services employee charged with stealing taxpayer money
- Attn: System Sucks of Minnesota!!!!
- Report finds physical, mental, and sexual abuse at Oregon’s Mount Bachelor Academy
- Man sentenced to prison for attack against social worker
- DSHS to pay $525,001 to settle records lawsuit
- Older children overlooked in adoption
|14-year-old Fitchburg girl accused of trying to kill foster sisterPosted: 06 Nov 2009 03:37 PM PST14-year-old Fitchburg girl accused of trying to kill foster sister
Police say the girl was armed with a knife on Wednesday afternoon and threatened to kill her foster sister.
|Anishinabek Nation to Develop Own Child Welfare LawPosted: 06 Nov 2009 03:37 PM PSTAnishinabek Nation to Develop Own Child Welfare Law
“Every one of us has been affected by the child welfare system in Ontario,” says Adrienne Pelletier, Social Services Director with the Union Ontario Indians, about the native population in Ontario. “I don’t think you’ll find one person in this room that hasn’t been affected,” she says about the group of people gathered at the Garden River Community Centre Thursday afternoon.
Note: I want to make my own child welfare laws too…
|NRA Backs Law Against Adoption Agencies’ Gun QuestionsPosted: 06 Nov 2009 01:19 PM PSTNRA Backs Law Against Adoption Agencies’ Gun Questions
Adoption agencies are violating gun owners’ rights by asking prospective parents whether they keep guns and ammunition in the home, according to a Florida state legislator trying to ban the practice.
|National False Claims DatabasePosted: 06 Nov 2009 12:29 PM PSTNational False Claims Database
The Interim Report to the Congress on the Feasibility of a National Child Abuse Registry published by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, May 2009, should be called by another name if it ever makes it through Congress.
|Child protection boss leaves her postPosted: 06 Nov 2009 12:26 PM PSTChild protection boss leaves her post
The woman who heads child protection in the Northern Territory will be leaving the role today as the Government faces ongoing pressure for a wide-ranging inquiry into the system.
|Foster-“Guinea Pigs”: A System of Perpetrators, Not “Protectors”Posted: 06 Nov 2009 12:17 PM PSTFoster-“Guinea Pigs”: A System of Perpetrators, Not “Protectors”
Too many times, our systems of authority lose sight of the reason(s) for their establishment.
|Commentary: The Medicated Child and the Compliant ParentPosted: 06 Nov 2009 11:54 AM PSTCommentary: The Medicated Child and the Compliant Parent
On November 3rd, 2009 Frontline aired a program on the subject of a dramatic increase in the number of children being diagnosed with serious psychiatric disorders.
|Utah Foster Mother, Jennifer Ann Montag, Charged With Raping 14-Year-Old Foster SonPosted: 06 Nov 2009 11:41 AM PSTUtah Foster Mother, Jennifer Ann Montag, Charged With Raping 14-Year-Old Foster Son
Jennifer Ann Montag 40-year-old foster mom from Weber County, Utah, has been charged with five felonies stemming from alleged sexual abuse of a 14-year-old foster son.